Welcome to iMobie Forum
psy999

apple ID signing

I'm trying to retrieve a very important text message that was deleted four days ago, using PhoneRescue. 

Using Recover from IOS Device I get virtually no deleted texts.  It did not help at help and frankly appears to be useless at retrieving deleted text messages.

I'm now trying to use Recover from Icloud but I cannot get past the Sign In Apple ID section...as you know there is an Apple ID and Password, and a separate Icloud ID and Password.  If I enter the Icloud ID and password a verification number is sent to my iphone but when I enter this verification number into the appropriate boxes on PhoneRescue I receive a message stating "Your Apple ID and password are incorrect.  Please try again".  This is an endless loop.

On the other hand if I start by entering my Apple ID and Password into the PhoneRescue request, I immediately get a "Failure of log on.  You must first log in your Apple ID and Password on Iphone to finish verification first" ?????

The Phone Rescue instructions actually state to enter the Apple ID and Password first, and then enter the Icloud ID and Password...but I don't see separate boxes to allow me to do this.

Please respond with the appropriate instructions before the text message is lost forever

Hi, member, thanks for using our app and i am sorry for the inconvenience may have caused to you. Our PhoneRescue can help recover lost data back from iOS devices directly, iTunes and iCloud backup. So we are wondering whether you have tried all recover modes? Meanwhile, please kindly make sure the internet connection is fine while launching recover process. Here is the detailed User Guide: https://www.imobie.com/guide/phonerescue/recover-data-from-ios-device.htm

If problem persists, to help us find a solution for you, would you please send log file to Support@imobie.com directly? It is easy to do so: Open PhoneRescue > click the Menu tab on the upper right of PhoneRescue > click Send Log-file to us from the drop-down menu> send the zip file to us as attachment.

About Apple ID issue, would you please try below suggestions to tackle this issue:

1. Would you please check your Apple ID and password on iCloud official website: https://www.icloud.com

2. Please make sure that the network is fine. 

If problem persists, would you please kindly send log file to us for better analysis?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Thanks for your generous support and kind cooperation in advance.

As you requested I sent an email with the log attachment last Sunday (the 16th) and received a confirmation email from you that Monday.  I have not heard anything since (today is the 21st).

Still waiting...

Hello, David, thanks for your kind feedback. We receive your log file on 18th. As this issue is complicated, our Development Team is still working on solving this issue. And will send solution to you on Monday. It will be appreciated for your kind patience.

Thank you so much for your kind understanding on this issue. 

The outcome is that the Development Team was unable to locate the deleted text message even though the text message was quite long, was deleted less than a week ago, there was plenty of "memory" space left on the iphone, and I was able to send them screen shots of some of the text.

In fact, I don't believe they are able to retrieve deleted text messages unless, perhaps, if they are backed up on icloud or itunes.

Just an FYI if you are considering purchasing this app.

Hi, David, thanks for your kind feedback and i am sorry for the delay reply. I check your issue with our Support Team. We find that you contacted us on 16 Dec, 2018 because you failed to recover your wanted messages with PhoneRescue.  On 17 Dec , 2018 morning, our Support Team replied you with explanation and solution for you. At the same day, you provide log file with our Support Team. And then, you also sent key words to Support Team for better analysis. After that, our Development Team analyzed the log file and key words you sent carefully. And our Development Team tried their best to match your deleted messages from the Database. But it's sorry for we fail to find your wants messages back. And Our Support Team sent mail to tell you the result on 27 Dec 2018. And after that, our Support Team did not receive any feedback from you.

I apologize for PhoneRescue fails to help you this time. As you know, Data Recover process is complex because PhoneRescue finds deleted data from your system data base which stores your deleted data. Whether you launch any operation on iPhone or not, your system database will erase deleted data automatically to release free space  for your iPhone. To recover data is to match and  find them in the complex circumstance, this process is really hard and complex. So i hope you would understand this situation.

To protect customer benefits, we design our PhoneRescue Trial version to help customer scan and preview data freely before purchasing it. If PhoneRescue Trial version  can scan out deleted data, the Pro version can help you recover them back. If not, we will not suggest our customer to purchase our software. It will be appreciated for your kind understanding.

And iMobie also provide Money-back guarantee, if PhoneRescue fails to help you recover deleted data, you can ask for refund within 60 days. All things iMobie wanted is to help customers solve issue and protect their benefits. And i truly hope that iMobie software  would bring more conveniences to you. I am sorry for PhoneRescue fails to help you find messages you need this time due to Data Recover Principles. Given this situation, if you are not willing to keep PhoneRescue, we would like to refund you whenever you want.

Moreover, i really hope that you would satisfy iMobie Customer Service.

If there is anything i can help you with, please just let me know.

Thank you so much for your generous forgiveness and kind feedback in advance.

Happy New Year!🙂

Since my last post I have started backing up messages on icloud.  As an experiment to test the iphone rescue software I am trying to view the messages backed up on icloud but the iphone rescue software requires me to sign in at two different locations, and never recognizes my "Apple ID" at the second location so I can go no further.

As you know, for iphones there is an Apple iTunes ID and Password, and a separate/different Apple iCloud ID and Password (if you are backing up on Apple iCloud).

When I am trying to use iphone rescue to view messages backed up on iCloud and I receive prompts to "enter Apple ID and password", are they asking for the Apple iTunes ID and Password, or the Apple iCloud ID and password?

Thank you

Hello David,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback. Yes, i know the iTunes ID and iCloud ID. If you try to recover data from iCloud Backup, it will require you to enter your Apple iCloud ID and password.

About " never recognizes my "Apple ID" at the second location ", i am wondering whether you turned on two factor authentication option for your Apple iCloud account before? If so, we would like to explain that Apple always values security and privacy of user’s data, and has provided a number of ways to secure user’s Apple ID and protect user’s privacy. One of the most common solutions is the two factor authentication, or called Apple ID verification code. So what is two factor authentication? Two factor authentication ensure your Apple ID account only to be accessed on devices you trust, like your iPhone, iPad, or Mac. When you want to sign in to a new device for the first time, you'll need to provide two pieces of information—your password and the six-digit verification code that's automatically displayed on your trusted devices. By entering the code, you're verifying that you trust the new device. It will be appreciated for your kind understanding.

Given this situation, would you please refer to below post to turn off two factor authentication at first?

https://www.imobie.com/guide/anytrans/how-to-turn-off-two-step-verification-in-icloud.htm

If there is anything i can help you with, please just let me know.

Thanks again for your generous support and cooperation on this issue.