Welcome to iMobie Forum

Hi Team,

I am currently experiencing the following problem.

• Iphone 6s is disabled due to repeated false device password.
  • The device is completely locked down except for emergencies.
  • I am able to log in to icloud, but it appears it hasn't synced in a very long time.

So my intent was to trial use your software to see if it could rescue the photos physically saved ti the device that have not yet synced to icloud, and buy the full version with decent results. My problem is, if I put the device into restore mode, your software says i have to end it (so I know for a fact the software can see the device). I click the link in the software and it ends the restore mode on the phone (so i know the software is capable of communicating with the device). Then the phone goes back to "iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes". But your software can no longer see the device after this. I have checked the following so far:

1. USB port works properly

2. Cable is ok (used it to sync another 6s)

3. Latest iTunes is installed

5. All device drivers are properly installed and work accordingly

4. rebooted ALL devices

5. tried exactly the same on an alternative win10 machine with same results

Is there something super obvious that I am missing? The photos physically stored on the phone are very important as there are pictures of Mom, who just recently passed away. 

I hope you guys can somehow help. I would be glad to host a phone call and have one of your techs walk me through the correct process. 

Thanks in advance,

Joby 

13 hours ago, Jobywan said:

Hi Team,

I am currently experiencing the following problem.

• Iphone 6s is disabled due to repeated false device password.
  • The device is completely locked down except for emergencies.
  • I am able to log in to icloud, but it appears it hasn't synced in a very long time.

So my intent was to trial use your software to see if it could rescue the photos physically saved ti the device that have not yet synced to icloud, and buy the full version with decent results. My problem is, if I put the device into restore mode, your software says i have to end it (so I know for a fact the software can see the device). I click the link in the software and it ends the restore mode on the phone (so i know the software is capable of communicating with the device). Then the phone goes back to "iPhone is disabled. Connect to iTunes". But your software can no longer see the device after this. I have checked the following so far:

1. USB port works properly

2. Cable is ok (used it to sync another 6s)

3. Latest iTunes is installed

5. All device drivers are properly installed and work accordingly

4. rebooted ALL devices

5. tried exactly the same on an alternative win10 machine with same results

Is there something super obvious that I am missing? The photos physically stored on the phone are very important as there are pictures of Mom, who just recently passed away. 

I hope you guys can somehow help. I would be glad to host a phone call and have one of your techs walk me through the correct process. 

Thanks in advance,

Joby 

Hi, Joby, thanks for using our app and i am sorry for the delay reply. About your Mom issue, i am truly sorry for hearing that. And i will try my best to help you. I have experienced my grandma passed away recently, so i really understood your mood. I know it may be a hard time for you. But i believe that your Mom will hope that you would be happy. Be tough!🧡

From your description, yes, you almost check every solution. But there is one thing missing. As we know, Apple values customers' security and privacy. Thus, if you connect your iPhone to the third party software at first time, you will be required to click "Trust this computer" option on your iPhone to get authorization due to Apple policy. It will be appreciated for your kind understanding. As your iPhone 6s is disabled due to repeated false device password, you can not click the "Trust this computer" option on your iPhone. In this case, Recover from iOS Device mode is not available for your because your iPhone cannot be detected without clicking "Trust this computer" option on your iPhone due to Apple restrictions. It will be appreciated for your kind understanding.

As you do not sync your data to iCloud yet, Recover from iCloud Backup Option will also available for your. I am so sorry...

The last chance is to Recover from iTunes Backup. I am wondering whether you have created iTunes backup on your computer. If so, you can try to recover data from iTunes backup. If you are not sure whether you have iTunes backup or not, i highly recommend you to give our trial version of PhoneRescue a try. Here is the detailed instructions:

https://www.imobie.com/guide/phonerescue-for-ios/recover-from-itunes-backups.htm

I truly hope that this method would be helpful for you because i know these photos are precious for you.

If you have any questions or problems, please just let me know.

Thanks for your generous support and kind understanding in advance.

Hi Dorothy, I figured this was the case. Thanks so much for your heartfelt post!

Unfortunately, no iTunes backup. I was able to find a few pictures in the iCloud though. I don't remember neither turning iCloud sync on or off, so it is a small miracle that a few pictures are still there. Plus I also have some printed pictures, so the loss is minimal. 

Thanks again for trying to support me on this issue. Lesson learned the hard way i guess. 

Cheers to you and your team!!!

Thanks,

Joby

Hello Joby,

Thanks for your kind feedback and I am really sorry for our software fails to help you this time. You can try to recover data from iCloud. I hope that there is a miracle. I truly hope you can find photos about your Mom. I know it means a lot for you.

Given your data periodically, I highly recommend you to back up your data periodically. You can also give our Free version of AnyTrans a try to back up your data with Air Backup function:

If there is anything I can help you with, please let me know.

Have a nice day!