Welcome to iMobie Forum
Greg

Not Detecting device

Hello,

I just purchased a licence hoping to use the 'recover from iOS device' but i feel like i have been ripped off.  My iphone is connected to my computer via the USB Cable, and the PhoneRescue program doesn't even detect my device.!?  I am confused as to why.  Is there something I am missing?  it's an iphone5c.   Is it too old?  Any assistance would be appreciated.  I am trying to recover call history and a imessage that has contact information.  Particularly that phone number that I sent a text message to.  I was using another trial program, and I found the message, but it didn't display the Phone number it was sent to because It wasn't it my contact information yet (or maybe because i didn't buy it) It just said UNKNOWN93 or 99.  I was really hoping this program would help me.  Again any assistance from anyone would be helpful. Thanks.

Hi, Greg, thanks for using our app and i am sorry for the delay reply. Yes, you are right. This issue is caused for iTunes issue. The problem is caused because iOS devices require Apple Mobile Device Support, which should be automatically installed with iTunes. If there is no Apple Mobile Device Support, iOS device is unable to be recognized by your computer and device. You just simply need to install iTunes on your computer but don’t open it when use our product. Besides, we are developing our own Apple Devices Driver and hope you can keep patient with this.

And yes, our PhoneRescue supports iPhone 5c. Once your iOS version is 5 or higher, you can use our PhoneRescue. And Recover supports three recovery mode, from iOS Device, iTunes and iCloud backup. Would you please kindly give all recovery modes a try? Here is the detailed online guide:

https://www.imobie.com/guide/phonerescue-for-ios/recover-data-from-ios-device.htm

For personal data (like contacts, messages, etc..), the trial version will display them as part of them + dots. Onc your purchase the software, you can recover all of them.

If the deleted data just show as Unknown, we are sorry for PhoneRescue cannot help you recover them as the data has been overwritten due to Data Recovery Principles. In this case, please do not purchase our software. It will be appreciated for your kind understanding.

If there is anything i can help you with, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thanks for your kind feedback in advance.

Dear Genny,

Thanks for joining iMobie forum. Yes, as Apple values customers privacy, if you are using the third party software, it will require you to install drivers on your computer to help detect iOS device. If you are using iPhone/iPad/iPod, you will be required to install iTunes on your computer to help detect your iOS device due to Apple restrictions. It will be appreciated for your kind understanding.

If there is anything i can help you with, please just let me know.

Enjoy a nice day!