Welcome to iMobie Forum
jordan

How long for backup password recovery

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas about how long it takes for the password recovery of an encrypted iTunes back up to finish? I started 13 hours ago and the progress bar looks to be about 75% done, but has been at that same progress spot since I first checked it this morning about 3 1/2 hours ago. When I first started running the program, it made small progress to about 20% over a few hours so I don't know why the bars not moving anymore. The "Time Remaining:" has said >24 hours since I first started. I'm just trying to figure out if I should keep this up and how long it will take to be completed, or if I should try a different program.

Hello Jordan,

Thanks for using our app and i am sorry for the dealy reply. To start with, i would like to explain that the time to decrypt password depends on the complexity of your password. The more simpler the possward is, the less time it takes. But if your password is complex (like combined with numbers + letters +symbols, etc..), it will take a long time to decrypt passward. In some rare situation,  it will really over 24 hours. It will be appreciated for your kind kind understanding.

Given the situation you encountered, to help me better analysis the time you need to take, would you please kindly send log file to Support@imobie.com directly for better analysis?

https://www.imobie.com/faq/anytrans-for-ios-faqs.htm#part44

Thanks fo your kind understanding and feedback in advance.

Best regards,

Dorothy